Job listing - Branch Library Assistants
- Haines branch library
- Halfway branch library
Branch Library Assistants are the principal employee at community library branch, primarily working solo to provide a full range of library services directly to patrons of all ages. This staff maintains compliance with Library District policies and procedures, communicates regularly with the main library, and provides activity reports. These employees may also periodically present public programs for patrons such as a children’s story time, summer reading events, public computer instruction, or organized tours.
Additional key duties include enforcement of the Library Rules of Conduct, coordination of substitutes and volunteers, troubleshooting office equipment or computers, basic custodial tasks, monitoring of the facility’s maintenance needs and security status, assisting in program coordination, and responding to patron requests for information or readers’ advisory by phone, e-mail and in person.
- be self-reliant and work well independently
- enjoy working with people of all ages
- have excellent customer service, computer, and complex procedure skills
- have a strong commitment to supporting the principles of intellectual freedom and library ethics
- hold and maintain excellent driving record and auto insurance
Advanced education and fluency in Spanish are highly preferred.
BCLD will conduct a criminal background and driving record check.
These positions are part-time, with an average of 18 hours per week. The schedule consists of four regular days per week including Saturdays and at least one weekday evening. The positions report to the Outreach Services Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED and two years of experience in library services or related field
- Valid Oregon Driver License, reliable transportation & insurance
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience satisfying the above
- Highly preferred : Fluency in Spanish
Opening salary ranges from $11.92 to $13.14 per hour, depending upon qualifications. This position includes sick-leave benefits.
- A completed Baker County Library District Application for Employment
- Current resume (Optional but highly preferred)
- The complete application packet, together with the job description, is available from the following sources:
Online at http://www.bakerlib.org/about/employment
- Baker County Public Library, 2400 Resort St, Baker City, OR 97814
- Haines Library, 818 Cole St, Haines, OR 97833
- Halfway Library, 260 Gover Ln, Halfway OR 97834
More information is available by calling 541-523-6419 or emailing email@example.com.
Documents must be submitted in OpenDocument, PDF, or Microsoft Office format. Complete application packets are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 26, 2017, to Baker County Library District, 2400 Resort St, Baker City, OR 97814, firstname.lastname@example.org (job title & location in subject line). Electronic submissions are highly preferred.
Baker County Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.