Kids' Intro to Japanese Language and Culture
- Kids' Intro to Japanese Language and Culture
- 図書館 に ようこそ! Toshokan ni YOUKOSO! (Welcome to the library!)
- When Jan 11, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM (US/Pacific / UTC-800)
- Where Riverside Meeting Room, Baker County Public Library, 2400 Resort St, Baker City, OR 97814
- Contact Name Perry Stokes
- Contact Phone 541-523-6419
- Add event to calendar iCal
Children and families are invited to join native Japanese instructor Takaharu “TK” Kunisho at the Baker County Public Library on Saturday, January 11 for an introduction to Japanese language and culture using songs, games, and cultural activities in a family-friendly, fun group environment. Originally from Iwate, Japan, TK is currently an Eastern Oregon University student and plans to become an elementary teacher after graduating.
TK is teaching two classes, each approximately 1-hour long. The first at 11:00 am is designed for early education, preschool – early grade school. A second class at 2:00 pm is geared for older elementary and young adults but all family members are invited to attend. Children 9 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult.
The classes are free, registration not required, and will take place in the Riverside Meeting Room of the Baker County Public Library.