A new digital resource for families & language learners!
What is LOTE4Kids?
LOTE4Kids is an online database of digital books in World Languages and Sign Languages such as ASL, that allows kids to enjoy the magic of books in LOTE (Languages Other Than English). Each book comes with English translations to help kids learn languages. LOTE4Kids has over 3,0000+ picture books in 65+ languages, with new books and languages released each month – helping the library engage multilingual families in our communities.
- have your BCLD card number ready to enter.
- CLICK HERE
1. Provides books read in American Sigh Language (ASL), plus Australian, British, and New Zealand Sign Languages
2. Grows and diversifies our children’s LOTE and digital book collections
3. Engages culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) families
4. Helps ESL kids to learn English while holding onto mother tongue
5. Provides an additional resource for kids learning languages at school