Who can get a card
- An adult age 18 or over who is a permanent resident or owns property in Baker County may be issued a Baker County Library District card.
- Any child age 0-17 who resides in Baker County may be issued a card with an application submitted by an adult sponsor.
- Sponsors are generally a parent/guardian but may be any adult who agrees to be financially responsible for all materials borrowed with that account.
- Sponsors of child accounts must also qualify for their own BCLD account.
- Child must be present when library card is issued.
How to Get Your Card
A person's first library card is free for eligible borrowers. To qualify for a library card,
- one must be able to provide acceptable Photo ID and proof of residency in Baker County, Oregon (see below for documentation details).
- Property owners may present proof of ownership such as a county tax statement for full borrowing privileges.
The replacement charge for a lost card is $2.00.
Acceptable ID and residency documentation
follows residency & domicile standards set by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).